I went to today’s Social Media & Public Relations workshop, hosted by PRSA. Social Media guru Josh Hallett gave a great presentation on things to do to monitor the blogosphere for your clients and ways to wade into it.
Things I learned:
- I’m already doing quite a bit of the things recommended to monitor the blogosphere
- I already knew more than a few of the things recommended as the right way to get into blogging and social media (though I should point out that Josh doesn’t like the term “social media”)
- I’ve got to actually do some of these things instead of just preaching — lead by example, I guess.
- never give Ed Shipul your blog address unless you’re willing to have him call you out on your less-than-stellar content
- today was happykatie‘s birthday
- I’m very quick to come to the defense of twitter as something useful
The most important thing — I seem to be ahead of the curve in expertise and implementation. I felt good about that.