Have you heard that Pinterest is rolling out”Buy It” buttons? They recently announced that they are going to enable the ability to buy items (purses, clothes, and other pretty things) directly from the pins we discover in our favorite and newly-favorite boards. You’ll be able to pay with Apple Pay or a credit card. Those of us in the U.S. will begin to see the “Buy It” button show up in our pins within the next few weeks (in iOS, Android will have to wait a while).
But that’s not the point of this post. The point of this post is to bring attention to a short sentence I saw at the end of the Pinterest announcement post:
Need the press kit?
By following the link I found a Dropbox folder that included:
- several video files for ads announcing the new feature,
- photos from the announcement event,
- product demo .gif files and videos, and
- product screens (with high-resolution images).
This is everything you would need to write a post or news article about the announcement. All with just a click. Genius. I included a few below, for your enjoyment.
As a public relations professional I know that we often err on the side of making writers ask for assets, and I understand why (we want to know who is writing about our news). But as a blogger I know that often the speed with the can get info and images fast can make the difference between writing about one topic versus another. And I seldom go back and pick up topic B (that lost out).
* * *
- Source: Coming soon: Buyable Pins! | Pinterest Blog
- Related: Hey Retailers, Pinterest Just Got a Whole Lot More Shoppable; ‘Buy It’ button unveiled | AdWeek