DISCLAIMER — I’m going to be posting about TechStreet Houston quite a bit this month, leading up to and possibly after the event is held. Be warned.
For those of you who have never heard of the event, don’t worry. I’m about to give you more info so you can consider attending. (Yes, I’m going. In fact, to be transparent, I’m on a committee for the event.)
Why should you attend? TechStreet Houston has several reasons posted online:
- It’s Great for Business — As the 4th largest and 2nd fastest-growing metro area (Forbes) in the United States, Houston is ideally positioned for expansion and innovation.
- There’s Something for Everyone — Even if you’re not an investor or entrepreneur, we’ve still got you covered. In addition to all of the other , we’ll have the Hackathon for designers and programmers and a STEAM incubator for those eager to learn about a variety of topics in the science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics fields.
- It’s Fun — We’ve got one full day of workshops . So whether you like technology, medicine, science and mathematics or design, there is so much for you to discover.
- It’s Affordable — Shouldn’t innovation be affordable and beneficial to society on a whole? Well, that’s what we believe and because we do, we have kept the cost low and affordable for attendees. We’re here to support innovators and those who are interested in learning more about this community.
I’m going to cover just a few reasons of my reasons to add this conference to your calendar.
There is something for everyone. The event is offering sessions and workshops in several tracks:
- HATCH pitch – HATCH, a revolutionary pitch competition, is coming to TechStreet Houston! Start-ups from around the world will pitch; entrepreneurs, venture capital investors, angel investors and corporate executives will judge; and attendees will watch the unveiling of Hatch Houston at TechStreet.
- Code Street Showcase — Code Street is the platform for technology strategists to present tools that make life sustainable, manageable, and efficient. At the TechStreet Houston Closing Party, we will showcase applications developed during the Hackathon events including the Code For America/TechStreet Hackathon on November to be held on November 16, 2013. The showcase is happening at TechStreet Houston.
- TechStreet University/Developer Workshops – Hands-on programming workshops on the popular and emerging platforms for experienced and wanna-be programmers. We will have beginner level workshops for non-experienced developers, as well as intermediate and advanced level for more those more experienced. Developer workshops range from iOs, Android, and Windows 8 app development.
- STEAM Street — STEM + Arts = STEAM! Middle school and high school students (and the rest of us) will have a chance to meet and interact with some of the best and brightest minds in science, technology, engineering, art, and mathematics. There will be interactive exhibits, hands-on workshops, and much more!
- Smart Street — Houston’s startup scene is hot! Houston is home to dozens of exciting new startups. Here’s your chance to meet them. Tech Street Houston is bringing together some of the top innovators in one of the fastest growing business metropolises in the country. Throughout every major industry, Houston creates new concepts and contributes to both local and global business communities on a daily basis.
- By the way, have you heard of Houston Startup Weekend? It’s November 15, 2013.
- Houston-based startup Rebellion Photonics Inc. just won the inaugural Wall Street Journal’s “Startup of the Year” competition. “Both the Houston Technology Center and the Rice Alliance for Technology and Entrepreneurship, two local technology incubation groups, are touting Rebellion’s win as one of their own. This makes sense since Rebellion is both a product of the HTC and the Rice Alliance.” (via HBJ)
Still not convinced? Did I mention that it’s free?!! REGISTER TODAY!
(I will add more “top” reasons to attend in future posts.)
More info: www.techstreethouston.com.