Are you a blogger? Even though I maintain several blogs (which I call “microblogs” because of the content I post) I don’t call myself a blogger. However, even for me (who sometimes suffers from denial) the Mashable article 10 Social Media Tips for Bloggers has some good tups. It was nice to see what I’m already doing and what I need to improve
Things I do already but can improve
1. Display your social media icons prominently toward the top of your website.
8. Join blogger groups on Facebook.
9. Be generous with other bloggers.
Things I need to start doing
3. Generate traffic with StumbleUpon.
NOTE — I’d also add Digg to this “to do” item.
5. Pinterest is the hot new frontier for bloggers.
Things I’m already doing
2. Every blog should have its own Facebook Page.
NOTE — I almost put this in the “need to improve” list, since I don’t actively promote the Facebook pages for the blogs. Then I decided I’m going to try to improve everything anyway, so this still works.
4. Import your RSS feed onto your LinkedIn profile using its Blog Link application.
6. Use link shorteners even when you don’t have to.
7. Use your blog name as your username whenever possible. 10. Be on social media — even when it’s not driving traffic.
What applies to you blog? Read the article and let me know.