More shameless promotion for my day job. If you have a teenager or know one, let them know about this opportunity to win a laptop.
Library of Tomorrow Teen Essay Contest
Describe your dream library of tomorrow
Who Can Plug In?
Houston-area Middle School and High School Students (Ages 11-18)
What is the Essay Question?
The future offers opportunities for technological advances and global interconnectedness. Describe what the library of tomorrow should provide to help you succeed in a world of fewer boundaries.
- Be no more than 500 words typed in 12-point font and double-spaced
- Must be participant’s original work
- Include complete contact information for submitting student
- Include teacher’s name and complete contact information
- Must be postmarked or emailed by
March 28April 4th, 2007
- Entries must include the following information:
- Street Address
- Phone Number (including area code)
- E-mail Address
- Student’s School
- Phone Number of School (including area code)
- Student’s Homeroom Teacher
- Essay Deadline • March 28
- Awards Ceremony • April 28
- 1st Place: Laptop with WiFi + $25 Bookstore Gift Card
- 2nd Place: iPod + $25 Bookstore Gift Card
- 3rd Place: iPod Shuffle + $25 Bookstore Gift Card
- 4th Place: $25 Bookstore Gift Card
- All Winners: Published on http://www.houstonlibrary.org/
- All Winners: Invited to the June 9th Hip Hop Cafe
How Many Winners?
- One Middle School and One High School Winner in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place categories.
- 10 Middle School and 10 High School Winners receive 4th Place Honorable Mentions.
How Do I Apply?
- Submit application and essay by email to email@example.com
- Enclose application and essay in envelope and drop off at any Houston Public Library
- Mail to: Houston Public Library, c/o Library of Tomorrow Essay Contest
500 McKinney St., Houston, TX 77002
For more information, call 832-393-1313.