As I have every year for several, I’ve picked three words to help guide me in 2018 instead of creating a long list of resolutions that will be forgotten within a month. Some years I do better than others at staying on track and keeping the themes for the year in mind throughout the year. […]
Welcome to SandraSays.com!
Nice to meet you
Is this your first visit? My name is Sandra Fernandez and I am a public relations and social media strategist, tech enthusiast, and book lover. These pages are a space where I share info on technology, communications, friends and other things. (Scroll further to find links on recent posts.)
Were you looking for SandraSays Media? I walked away from my agency job a few years ago to go solo, and SandraSays Media was born. But recently I joined forces with friends to launch Big Oak Tree Media, and SandraSays Media is being phased out.
Through Big Oak Tree Media I provide the following services: social media strategy & implementation, social media training & coaching, public relations strategy & implementation, and content marketing.
My other two passion projects are Hispanic Houston and The Little Radio Show. Hispanic Houston is a hyper-local blog providing calendar info and news for and about Hispanics in Houston. The Little Radio Show is a podcast I produce and co-host with friends. (See below for links to recent news & episodes.)
Recently on SandraSays
For the word nerds out there, this TedEd video explains where the nearly 1,000 new words (every year) come from … and it’s mostly made up.
If I had had to make a guess, I would have said that the average user of voice-activated smartphone apps is younger users … digital natives or millennials. And I would have been wrong. VentureBeat reports: According to Verto’s data on the user base of AI-powered personal assistant apps on mobile devices, the personal assistant […]
- Celebrating Cinco de Mayo, A.K.A. El Día de la Batalla de Puebla May 5, 2018
- Latino Music & Dance Events in Houston, February 2018 edition February 18, 2018
- Latino Music & Dance Events in Houston, October 2017 edition September 30, 2017
- Today’s college student has never done these things September 30, 2017
- 46 inches of rain August 29, 2017
- TLRS Ep.78: Feeling old and fearing failure (REWIND to Episode 30) March 23, 2017
- TLRS Ep.77: Latino Food in Houston (REWIND to Episode 5) March 16, 2017
- TLRS Ep.76: Is it important to be bilingual? (REWIND to Episode 1) March 9, 2017
- TLRS Ep.75: Our favorite Netflix shows February 16, 2017
- TLRS Ep.74: How do you celebrate Valentine’s Day? February 9, 2017